• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Any financial resolutions for 2019?

Winster

For 2019 I'm going to get a better handle on my financial life. Its not that I don't pay attention to things now, its that I need to become more proactive with actions.

- Don't pay too much attention to short term swings of the crazy stock markets.
- Find areas where I am wasting money, and come up with a list of solutions and changes. Then stick by it.
- Declutter my life and get better organized. This will help with my 5 year goal to move out to a very rural area, and live a simpler life. I'm tired of the hustle and bustle.

I resolved to:
1. Recycle and re-purpose (this has greatly reduce the amount of waste I produce, and has also increased my savings)
2. Purchase only things that are absolutely necessary (since I've been freelancing and working from home, I gave away some of my more "uppity" but uncomfortable clothes. I don't plan on buying more clothes until absolutely necessary)
3. Read more about Economics and Finance (this has by far been the best resolution; I'm happy to have realized that there's so much to learn. Currently reading: Professor Mankiw's Principles of Macroeconomics
4. Use my cycle for running errands and traveling as much as possible

Back