• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Zero down, zero percent interest furniture

Sammy

I'm in a situation where I must replace some furniture. My lounger and sofa are almost falling apart. I see some furniture stores have payment plans that are 0% down, 0% interest. This seems too good to be true. Is there a catch to this?

I heard on a radio program them calling these no-no-no loans. No money down, no interest, no payment for until X days.

They are sneaky and a scam. What they do is you have to pay the entire amount before X days. Its basically an interest holiday on the loan, not a 0% loan. Once the holiday period is over, you're hit with a sky high interest rate. Read the fine print!

Anytime something seems too good to be true, there is usually a catch. I didn't know that about furniture financing, but I'm not surprised. I usually put purchases like that on a credit card for the points, then pay it off before the next statement.

Back