• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Which bulk items end up being more expensive?

Dana

I noticed while buying most things in bulk, it ends up being cheaper but it seems certain things don't change much in price, if at all when you compare the amount you get to what you spend. One is Himalayan salt. I noticed when I got a big bag of it it was not different in price had I just gone with the smaller bag.

Nuts sometimes cost more in bulk. Same with huge cans of canned vegetables.

I noticed that with nuts. I once bought a big bag thinking I was saving money but it ended up being about 7 cents more per oz. This is why it is important to check the weight of what you buy and compare prices.

If you get those dried potatoes, I noticed some brands will end up costing about the same or even slightly more expensive the more you get. I used to buy these all the time because they were easier than peeling and boiling my potatoes.

Everything I buy in bulk is always cheaper for me. I really don't have experience with anything mentioned thus far. If I think of something, I will come back and post it.

Tea doesn't seem to change in price or coffee, it may be different for beans. I buy my tea by the case and I am only saving on shipping because it is free.

I noticed that with nuts. I once bought a big bag thinking I was saving money but it ended up being about 7 cents more per oz. This is why it is important to check the weight of what you buy and compare prices.

Yeah I am getting into the habit of checking more now. I do appreciate when places like Walmart will show cost per oz online making it easy to see which is the best deal.

Back