• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

When do you do your taxes?

Clipper

I am just curious when you do your taxes. I know some people who do them and get them done in January some how. It fathoms me. Most people seem to get them done closer to the deadline in April. When do you typically get yours done by?

I tend to have mine done and ready to be mailed out by my birthday which is February 20th. I usually don't get my papers till the last week of January so that is nuts that someone can have them done that month to me!

I try to get them done by mid-March so if for some reason I find out I have extra paperwork to sort through I still have several extra weeks.

As early as possible. It varies by year depending on when I get forms from employers and how much paperwork I have to go through that year.

Usually in March. I try to do it earlier but 90% of the time it just happens then as I have no birthdays or holidays going on that month.

I do them with in 2 or 3 weeks of getting the papers. I don't like to wait because I have a horrible habit of putting things off and never going back to get them done. If I did that with taxes, I would only be hurting myself.

I take them to my cousin to get them done usually in March. He handles taxes as part of his job so he doesn't mind doing mine for free.

I don't do them at any set time. My life seems to be a cycle of chaotically busy and nothing going. So it really depends on how busy I am each year.

Back