• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

What should you never cheap out on?

Forthelove

I saw this topic on another site and thought it might be fun!

What things should you never cheap out on?

I'll start off!

Windshield wipers. When I've bought the cheapest they last a year if I'm lucky. Last time around I bought premium wipers and they are going strong after 3 years.

I agree with everything here so far! Another one is clothes. I'm not saying go out and buy the most expensive, but don't buy the cheapest. You want stuff with good quality double sticking and heavier fabric so it will last.

Ice cream. I've tried many cheap brands over the years, and I've never found them to live up to the taste and quality of good brands. Most foods I don't care what brand it is or if its generic, but ice cream isn't one of them!

Shoes or footwear. Now I am not saying buy$1000 footwear made of exotic material to look good, your feet take care of you. Comfortable, fitting shoes.

Big agreement with this one! I've had plantar fasciitis before, and cheap shoes make it work. A good pair of shoes, in my case not only lessoned it but made it go away completely.

Back