• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Walmart Credit Card... Anyone have one?

Goal Setter

I see that there is a deal they are running right now where they give you $35 off your first payment if you sign up with them. I never considered getting a Walmart card but I have been shopping there more and more lately. I am wondering if there is a benefit to using their card to get things and just making sure I pay it off on time each time I use it.

I was told a long time ago to never get a store specific card unless it offers you a lower rate than you can already get, and it offers rewards for that store in excess of what a regular card gives you.

I had a Target one a few years ago and they royally screwed me over so I told myself I would never get another store card again and I haven't since.

I have one and use it now and then on their online store. So far no problems with it.

I closed mine last year. I hardly used it because I was too afraid of over spending. Is there a decent APR on them now? It seems like they are different.

Never tried their card out because I heard bad things about it but this was back when it first became a thing. I am more curious about Paypal's credit line myself.

I have one with Target myself and if it is similar, they are fine for smaller purchases. Anything you can pay off when the bill comes is good. I usually get it to about $200 a month and pay off $150 of it. This way I build up my credit but don't go in debt. I have the cash for it always I just want to keep my credit established.

Never tried a store credit card oddly enough. Everyone always told me to stay away from them so I never took the chance.

A friend of mine got one just before Christmas to help with shopping and she said she has no complaints. Said it is much better than what she has on her Bestbuy one in terms of APR and stuff.

Back