• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Walmart 2 Day Shipping Lie?

Britanica

So I recently did an online order with Walmart. They guaranteed 2 day free shipping. Well, a few items I NEEDED in those 2 days and nothing arrived. I ordered on a Friday and everything was meant to show last Tuesday. I only received 1 of my 3 packages and we are now 6 days past their 2 day shipping.

Should I send and e-mail and complain about this? Is it even worth it? I can see the items were shipped but they basically lied about when it would arrive. Had I known, I would have shopped elsewhere and paid more.

Walmart does the same sneaky thing Amazon does. If you look in the nitty gritty fine print of their shipping terms, it's not 2 days from the day you order, but 2 days from the day it ships to you. If it's back ordered, or needs to be shipped from one warehouse to another, it won't ship to you in time for 2 days from the order date.

They used to not do this, but changed it to save themselves money (not paying for expedited shipping) while pretending to really have a 2 day policy.

Walmart does the same sneaky thing Amazon does. If you look in the nitty gritty fine print of their shipping terms, it's not 2 days from the day you order, but 2 days from the day it ships to you. If it's back ordered, or needs to be shipped from one warehouse to another, it won't ship to you in time for 2 days from the order date.

They used to not do this, but changed it to save themselves money (not paying for expedited shipping) while pretending to really have a 2 day policy.

I had someone at Amazon tell me this about their policies when I complained about a order taking 3 days to process before it shipped. Not happy about that!

I had no idea they did this. I do know that I have ordered things that wouldn't qualify for 2 day shipping with things that did and I ended up having to wait for everything.

Yeah I have had this happen to me and complained. Has it happen at Target too. Both places said the same thing, 2 days after the items are shipped. Sometimes it can take up to 7 business days to ship.

I ordered from Walmart a few months back. Everything in my cart was 2-day shipping. It did ship within 24 hours but it didn't show up for 4 days. No holiday either. When I e-mailed them and asked them why, they said the 2-day shipping is offered but not guaranteed.

Back