• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Visa changed their terms recently

Skin Flint

Heads up to anyone with a Visa card. Last month they changed the terms of their zero liability to make it a little harder to have zero liability for electronic purchases. They used to say you had zero liability unless you're grossly negligent. Now they changed it to zero liability unless you're negligent. That one word can make a big difference.

Wow, this is very shady. I am going to tell everyone I know about this. I can't believe it is okay for credit companies to do this and hardly bat an eye over it.

Another company did this not too long ago. Maybe it was Mastercard. Either way, shame on them! I never liked credit companies. They always seem like they are out to screw you over.

I think it was Mastercard because I remember someone mentioning this to me at work, asking if I had one and to be careful with spending.

Is there not any laws that prevent them from doing this? Like if you are a card holder, you should be notified months in advance for stuff like this.

I think it was Mastercard because I remember someone mentioning this to me at work, asking if I had one and to be careful with spending.

Yeah they changed some of their "fine print" as well as a few others since like 2015. Seems like every year these companies find a way to screw us over without making it noticeable.

Credit companies never started out honest so it doesn't surprise me that they still try to find ways to screw people over and take advantage of us.

Back