• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

The Millionaire Next Door

Love this video and I think it is funny how people who come into money suddenly spend more. I know someone who is in another state, she easily makes over one million a year yet she still shops and thrift stores. Her house is big and nice, but it is filled with second hand furniture and things most would consider trash. She likely sits on a lot of money because of this and when she has kids, they will have good lives learning from her.

When I was younger, the image of people all around me was based on what they own not how much money they have. So when you see someone with a really nice car you think "wow, they must have money!" but the truth is in the details. Just like the video says, these people aren't really wealthy, they just have a lot of stuff.

Back