• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Tax plan released

Broke

The Trump/Republican tax plan details have come out https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/02/house-republicans-unveil-tax-reform-plan.html

The positives I see:

Lower corporate rates to make our companies more competitive.
No more double taxation on foreign earned income.
Lower income tax rates for all except the highest rate.
Less tax brackets.
Higher child tax credit.
401k's are left untouched.
Elimination of the death tax.
Getting rid of the ATM.

There's more but those are the things that stood out to me.

401k's are left untouched is a HUGE plus in my book! I don't understand why they would get rid of ATMs... or am I understanding that wrong? lol

401k's are left untouched is a HUGE plus in my book! I don't understand why they would get rid of ATMs... or am I understanding that wrong? lol

There is more to it than that. Just read the article on it and do a bit of extra research. A lot of what Trump is changing will benefit anyone not living off the government essentially. Bout time I say!

There is more to it than that. Just read the article on it and do a bit of extra research. A lot of what Trump is changing will benefit anyone not living off the government essentially. Bout time I say!

I agree! Doubling the personal and married excemptions is a big plus too! I might not have to itemize in 2019!

Was there a change on dependents as well? Like if you claim your spouse, you get more money back? That would be a HUGE help to a lot of stay at home parents.

Back