• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Such a thing as wedding insurance?

Clipper

Okay this is going to sound insane but someone told me the other day that "wedding insurance" is a legit thing and you can pay a company so much money for your big day and if anything goes wrong, be it the flowers or the food, they will go after the company and not only get your money back but also compensate for the inconvenience. Is this real!?

Yes, there is legitimate wedding insurance, but I'd make sure you stick with the bigger well known insurance companies, or completely investigate the payout history of a smaller company. Its not terribly expensive, usually under $100. They don't compensate for inconvenience, only for actual monetary losses.

So if for instance flowers show up late, no payment. But if the florist cancels at the last minute, and you have to put in a rush order (more expensive) with someone else, they'll cover that.

Usually the thing that goes wrong with weddings is weather related, so make sure to plan for an indoor wedding and reception. Or if you have outdoor plans, make sure the place putting it on has a backup plan for bad weather.

I had no idea this was a thing! We have come a long way I guess. Thanks for the information on that Winster. My friend is actually planning her wedding and she will be getting married in December. I am going to share this with her for sure.

I heard of something like this in the late 90's and thought it was a joke but now I see there are businesses for this everywhere. I guess everyone just wants to have peace of mind when they are spending a lot of money on their special day.

When I was younger, someone mentioned starting this up as a business. I think I was like 15 or so. It was part of a school project. Who would have thought people would really do it and find success there.

I heard of something like this in the late 90's and thought it was a joke but now I see there are businesses for this everywhere. I guess everyone just wants to have peace of mind when they are spending a lot of money on their special day.

Yeah a lot of things that were pointless or not needed in the 90's are being heavily used today. I think that getting into weddings on any level is a great business. People will always be getting married.

Back