• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Square Trade warrantees

Allie

Amazon has Square Trade on there where you can get an extended warranty on different electronic items. Is Square Trade decent for a smart phone warranty? It seems like the deductible is a bit high but I can live with that if their customer service is great.

I never buy anything like this because I feel like they rip you off. It is probably stupid of me not to insure a $400 phone but I never drop it and keep it in a case 24/7. I guess it depends on your own judgement.

I never buy anything like this because I feel like they rip you off. It is probably stupid of me not to insure a $400 phone but I never drop it and keep it in a case 24/7. I guess it depends on your own judgement.

For certain things it is worth it. Like I have gotten this on a laptop before, and it was only $30. I am not sure what it covered at the time but I felt a lot better knowing it was insured for something.

If you can fix a broken screen yourself (its not hard with kits from ebay and amazon) then its not worth it. Only if you can't and you are prone to breaking your phone it might be worth it. All depends on your situation. Sort of like an extended warranty with a car if you're handy with mechanical stuff then you probably won't want to buy one.

They seem to throw these warranties at people a lot on Amazon. I am seeing them more and more. I never get them because I think a lot of items they offer it for don't even apply for said items.

Back