• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Single cup coffee maker

Sammy

This last weekend I hung out over at a friends house gaming all night. I'm not a gamer but said what the hell and we had loads of fun. He had one of those single cup coffee makers that use those expensive coffee pods. I have to admit it was very convenient because it made a cup in about 30 seconds. But the cost of the pods, OUCH! I saw on Amazon those reusable plastic pods you can put your own coffee into. Do they work? Also, any recommendations for which brand single cup maker I oughta consider?

I have a cheap Hamilton Beach single cup maker I bought for under $30. It comes with a screen basket for using regular coffee, or you can put in a pod. So there isn't any need to get one of those reusable plastic pods.

Just get yourself a cheap Black and Decker single cup maker. They run about $15 and there's no need to use k-pods or k-pod adapters. Just put in your regular coffee.

Back