• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Regular Vehicle Maintenance

Hello all. Now this may have been discussed on this forum or may not have. I've just joined because I myself try to live frugally and do love sharing the knowledge.

Autozone I'm not sure if every state has one but if you do, are you aware the you can maintain your car for free from using autozone? Renting tools free, replacement parts free. If your not aware autozone had lifetime warranties on their parts so one you buy the first time your good aside from the engine dropping ot of your car I believe this may save some a lot of money. It has for me.

I'm not endorsed by or paid by autozone

I go to autozone for a lot of the little things since I'm not mechanically inclined. They've change the wipers, replaced the battery and even checked it when it had a check engine light. Turned out to be something really simple, don't remember what it was though.

I do most maintenance and repairs myself. I enjoy doing it so saving money is secondary these days. I learned because when I was younger I was broke and couldn't afford to pay someone else. Many things really aren't that hard if people take the time to try. Its also nice knowing the job was done right.

Changing a tire is the very least every person who drives show know how to do. Changing oil, replacing a bad alternator, flushing the radiator, change spark plugs and filters, all things which are good to know how to do, even if you take it to someone to do. Get a basic understanding how cars work and you will be less likely to be ripped off.

I like Autozone and their warranty. But there are a couple of things I won't buy there, like alternators. Every car I've ever bought a replacement alternator for at Autozone it didn't last. Sure I was able to swap it out, but it cost me time to swap it out. Napa has better alternators.

Back