• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Plans for your tax returns?

Clever

Anyone have any plans on what they will be doing with their returns yet?

I told myself I will put away 70% of it and then use the other 30% to treat myself to something I want. Not sure what to get just yet.

I will likely just put it away in my emergency cash stash. I am trying to get that up to 6 grand. It helps to have at least 3 months worth of money to live on.

We're getting back virtually nothing, and we planned it that way so Uncle Sam wouldn't get a year long loan from us. Its going to go into our general saving account.

I don't get much myself. What I do get, I usually use for home repairs. I don't like letting things slide too much. I will do small repairs every year.

I am going to stock up on loads of groceries and get myself some new summer clothes. The rest will be put into savings. I don't spend much on clothes but I am due for some new stuff.

I was going to save most of my return and just get a few things for the yard but I decided I am going to use it for a deck. I have wanted a decent size deck off the back of my house forever now and I will have enough to get one build for me, finally!

I have yet to use mine. I am not sure what I want to do with it yet. Part of me wants to get things for the house (new stove for example) and the other part of me would rather save it.

Back