• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

"Mystery Boxes" on eBay - STAY AWAY!

Poet

A trend I have been seeing on Youtube is to buy mystery boxes from eBay. They can be anywhere from $5 to $5000. Someone I seen on Youtube spent $500 on ONE box and he received junk that looks like it has been sitting in a basement for 10 years.

Someone on eBay needs to put a stop to this too because there were dead bugs and what appeared to be cat poop in the box. He has since deleted the video, not sure why. This is disgusting!

I would hate to think people could accidentally get infested with roaches or bed bugs because of these boxes.

I would be afraid to buy anything that I had no clue what was in it! How people can fall for that I don't know, but you're right they shouldn't allow such things on there in the first place.

And the bugs and cat poop, some people are truly disgusting. You gotta wonder if the person was some kind of nasty pack rat getting rid of their mess!

Someone told me that some people on there will scam people just because they know it is a thing on Youtube. I wouldn't mess with that. I wouldn't mind doing a grab bag if the reviews were great. I loved those as a kid but certainly not mystery boxes.

I ordered mystery hauls from shops before but never on ebay. I would never risk it. I like to know what I am getting or at least know what to expect.

Someone told me that some people on there will scam people just because they know it is a thing on Youtube. I wouldn't mess with that. I wouldn't mind doing a grab bag if the reviews were great. I loved those as a kid but certainly not mystery boxes.

This woman I watch who does crafting and such on Youtube got scammed like this. I think you are right. I would not bother with these either. Grab bags can be fun but nothing expensive.

Back