• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Moving for better pay

Climbing Out

Is moving to a higher income area a good idea to get further ahead financially? One of the things I worry about is expenses going up so much in a higher income area that I don't get any further ahead than I am now.

Well it depends on how much of a difference there is between the two areas plus tax impacts. Where are you moving from and where do you want to move to?

I say go for it. Not just better pay but bigger cities usually have better job markets. If things don't work out there's always finding another job. Just make sure you only sign a short term rental on a cheaper apartment until you're sure you made the right decision. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

The time to do it is when the economy is strong so I'll throw in my two cents, DO IT! Happy Camper nailed it, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Back