• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Knockoffs from China

Clever

If you shop on eBay or Amazon, there are stores that are popping up all the time selling cheap "authentic" items and they turn out to be cheap knockoffs. Have you ever been scammed by one? I recently was. I bought a phone cover for $3. It looked like the $20 ones I seen at the mall. When it arrived, it was cheap and all scratched up. Cracked when I put it on my phone. Rip off scum! :censored:

Yeah this is something I am seeing more too. You have to be careful. I usually only deal with China is the shop has good ratings and reviews. Otherwise I just avoid them.

I had that happen with a sd memory card what was supposed to be a Transcend 32 gb card. It showed 32gb of space, but would corrupt files once you put over 16gb on it.

Yeah it can be with anything these days. I heard of the SD cards and USB sticks being labeled as one thing and having much less memory. They do it a lot with clothing to like wow. It is bad. Walmart even sells some of it!

I ordered something on ebay a few weeks ago. It just came in the mail on Friday. What I had ordered was an authentic figurine for a friend. I didn't realize I ordered it from China. Well, the thing is HORRIBLE! That paint job is so awful it looks like a child did it. I contacted them 5 times since then and they won't respond. I had to open up a ticket with eBay.

I have done this for crafting supplies and most of the time it was great. I know a few times the items were just awful, so awful I had to laugh. I ordered these charms and the eyes on them looked HILARIOUS! I think you need to know who you are working with.

I find some nice things on eBay from China but I only ever shop with people who are top rated. This avoids the hassle. If something goes wrong, they are more likely to refund you.

I have done this for crafting supplies and most of the time it was great. I know a few times the items were just awful, so awful I had to laugh. I ordered these charms and the eyes on them looked HILARIOUS! I think you need to know who you are working with.

I get crafting stuff from china as well. Some of the stuff is great and other stuff is a bit off or dodgy at best.

I don't mind if the product is made in China, but I will not buy from a company located there after reading about the scams out there. They have to be based in the USA or Europe. On Ebay honestly I am more cautious of buying there than Amazon there's even less control of the sellers.

If you know who to trust and where to shop from, buying from China is fine. I have only made 3 mistake orders and I have shopped from them a lot. Just have to be aware of scammers. Report them when it happens.

Back