• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Is the British Pound increasing?

Dana

I remember looking at it earlier this year and I was almost certain it was $1.24 to the pound but now it is $1.39 according to Google. Did it actually increase in a matter of months or did I miss something?

Yes its one of the strongest G10 currencies right now. That has advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include it makes imports cheaper and people can buy more products. Disadvantage is it makes British exports more expensive for other countries and they'll buy less of them.

I do wonder if it will continue to increase. Wouldn't it be something if it hit the $2 mark for every pound? It would probably not be so good for us but it would make people more likely to come here from the UK to invest.

I didn't know this but I'm not surprised. For all the supposedly rotten news about Brexit you hear politicians talk about the reality is its created enough optimism to make the pound stronger!

Back