• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Is it wise to start now?

Tera

A friend of mine is already getting things ready for tax season and I asked her why, there are still 2 whole months left. She said that she does it now so she doesn't have to worry about it all after Christmas. Is it actually a good idea? I mean how do you even prepare without the forms? I don't get it.

If you itemize you can get a head start by cataloging your deductable expenses so far, organizing receipts and all that but you can't start filling out forms until you have final numbers and your employer forms.

I don't know how much you can get done without the forms and even then, most things are handled online anyways. I mean I only mail one form out, the rest is all done from the comfort of my butt!

Yeah you can prep things and have everything ready but you can't really get a head here. You have to wait for the W2 forms and what not to be issued out.

Back