• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Interest article about Americans saving money

I don't know many people personally who save their money. Basically everyone in my family is in debt to some degree. Even with savings, they have nothing to show for their time put in working.

It seems like today, most people just spend a lot so they have more "things" but less actual money and things that have any value. You can earn 6 figures and be poor but so long as you don't "look" poor, no one bats and eye.

I don't think its just Americans. People in Europe too. I think the availability of easy credit. When you can't buy with money you don't have you're forced to learn to budget your money because you can't spend money you don't have. So it builds better spending habits. People were saving more during the "great recession" but remember the credit markets tightened up too and it was harder to get more credit!

Back