• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

How much debt do you have right now?

Clever

You don't need to be exact, I know this is kind of a personal question. Over the last few years I have gone down and up. My lowest has been $2,300 and my highest (in these last two years) has been $5,600 or so. I am around $3,500 in total combined debt which isn't bad. This is not including my mortgage though. I consider that an investment though, not debt.

You don't count house payments?

Well, I guess I have about 11 grand. This is mostly ate up by my car which I am still paying off as well as a few credit cards and a small loan I got last year to fix my garage roof.

Right now just the house and 8 payments left on the car. I'm going to drive it until I can't anymore. I am going to throw that extra money towards the mortgage to become completely debt free as soon as possible.

I really don't have an exact number. I know I am paying off a house, 2 cars, and my husband still has some lingering college debts. We got most of our credit cards down to 0 other than 2 we use on a regular basis, we pay them down within 3 months.

Too much to be satisfied. It is coming down but I would have liked to have everything paid off by 2020 but it is looking like I may not reach that goal. Had to just get a new car. Mine broke down on me so I took out a loan to buy a gently used one. 11 grand added to the pile...

Too much to be satisfied. It is coming down but I would have liked to have everything paid off by 2020 but it is looking like I may not reach that goal. Had to just get a new car. Mine broke down on me so I took out a loan to buy a gently used one. 11 grand added to the pile...

What is your plan line? If it is possible, you can always try to pay more if they don't punish you for it. I know some places will punish you for paying off debt too soon.

Back