• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

House prices on the rise!

Clever

My sister recently got her house appraised and in comparison to just 5 years ago, it is worth about 35k more. Has anyone noticed prices increasing in their area?

I think there is about a 10% increase around here. I noticed some houses that have been on the market that have come up in price which baffles me. It wasn't selling at 200k, You think it will sell at 220k? lol

I heard house prices are getting too high like they did before and we're in for another crash. True or not?

I heard the same thing. Not that they are getting too high but the prices are going up too fast. Either way, the time to buy a house was around 2009/2010. The rise started in 2015.

I am not looking for houses nor know anyone who is so I have not noticed. I am curious though now so I am going to check things out. I know there are a few houses that seem to have been for sale for years now. I can probably look at the pricing history.

Yeah prices went up here. I was looking around with a friend a few weeks ago and it seems the market for homes has risen quite a bit, even the more poor areas are charging more.

This one house that is a few houses down from us was for sale since 2014. The first time it went up for sale, they were asking $140,000. I recently found it on Trulia and they are now asking $290,000! The only thing they did was redo one bathroom and the driveway!

I really wanted to buy this small house I found back in 2010. It was so cheap, in a nice area, and I could have fixed it up over time and rented it out. I think it sold for only $39,000 too. I bet the house would for for nearly 100k now.

My neighbor had his house appraised and it went up nearly 80k. This is in part due to the updates he did but the property itself is worth more now as well.

Back