• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Healthy Cheap Sides

Tera

I have been doing some research and I am looking to eat better so one thing that I found is that sides play a role in weight and overall health. Many sides are either unhealthy or over priced but you can be frugal while still being healthy. Share some you know of!

Baked beans makes this list for me. I can get a large can for under $2. For just me, that is enough sides for 3 meals. Not only are beans heart healthy and encourage healthy weight, they are budget friendly.

Frozen vegetables tend to be cheap and are healthy. I know a lot of people think raw are best but the average person has trouble digesting raw vegetables so it is better to do 50/50 or 75/25 cooked to raw.

Depending on who you ask, rice is a healthy and cheap side. I would say though that you are better off getting organic and non-gmo as this ensures it wasn't grown in cotton fields.

Back