• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Generic sports wear?

Goal Setter

Anyone hear about generic sports wear popping up online? I guess people are making knockoff jerseys and "nike" branded items and people are catching the mistakes. Apparently this has been an issue online for over 10 years. I am only just now learning about it.

You just have to look at the stitching on the label. Like the NFL jerseys will have messed up stars. The quality is still fantastic. I bought a knock off jersey 6 or so years ago for $25. Looks and feels like one of the $250 ones and you can't tell it is fake unless you look at the stars.

Knock offs are common these days from purses to clothes to electronics. If the price is too good to be true it is probably a knock off. I have bought a knock off purse before and was happy with it. Honestly with some things like that the price of the real thing is so high if there wasn't a knock off I wouldn't buy it at all. I know I shouldn't buy knock offs but I'm only human!

Amazon is selling a TON of generic clothing and purses at great prices. I recently found a generic purse on there that was selling for $65. It was real leather as well which is rare to find. The designer bag that it is made after is a $1500 bag too.

Back in 2010 I want to say it was, I found a person on this website selling knockoff jerseys from all sports and they were only $30. I got one for my brother and he thought I spent $400! I had to show him where it was fake.

I guess I'm not the norm because I don't care if something has a brand on it or not, including fake branded clothes. I'll just as easily wear a plan colored t-shirt, off-brand jeans, plain sweatshirts and polo-style shift as I would brand versions. Same goes with shoes... I will buy shoes based on what they are made of and how well they look to be constructed. No Nike shoes for me!

Walmart started carrying no-brand clothing I noticed. This is only online from third party sellers. I have yet to try any of them as I am a bit worried they would be bad and Walmart wouldn't do anything about it.

Back