• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Facebook and privacy

Fix It

I take it everyone here already knows about the privacy stuff going on with Facebook?

How do you feel about it? Personally I'm pretty pissed off, they pretty much enabled and profited from this kind of thing, and I am in the process of disconnecting every app from them, then will delete my account. The one that really bothers me is they've been getting text messages and call logs with their Facebook app!

I foresee a huge lawsuit.

Its unconscionable what they do. They bury it in pages of terms and conditions, scatter privacy and sharing settings everywhere so its hard to know if you got all the settings right, and they don't have any sort of universal "opt-out" checkbox.

I am not on the site and I made the best decision to stay away. So many friends and family poor their life stories out on that site sharing pictures and everything. I am far too paranoid.

I read there now and then to check in on some family but I can't remember the last time I posted. I'm not into Facebook, I like forums better.

It seems that almost daily we're learning something new. Now they say pretty much every user has been scraped. This morning it was reported that Zuckerberg had all his personal messages to others in Facebook deleted without notification.

The reality....
30629093_10210650217121951_5994998987654955008_n.jpg

Last edited:
This site needs to get closed down already. It is a breeding ground for scams, privacy issues, cheating, and depression.

The more I read about Facebook and their policies the more I dislike them. They've had a history of treating privacy as an after thought.

Facebook is a virus itself. Anyone stupid enough to put their information on their must be a huge gambler. That site has never been stable. What's worse is that it is a praying ground for pedos, cheaters, and just horrible people looking to hurt others.

Facebook is a virus itself. Anyone stupid enough to put their information on their must be a huge gambler. That site has never been stable. What's worse is that it is a praying ground for pedos, cheaters, and just horrible people looking to hurt others.

Yeah and most people ignore this. A friend of mine's daughter is only 11 years old and she is on Facebook. She thinks it is cute but I think it is horrible. I don't want to make her mad so I don't say anything but 11 YEARS OLD!? That is way too young for social media.

Back