• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Does social media help you be more frugal?

Lisa

I noticed that there are a lot of ads these days online and more specifically, on social media. Much of which are geared to appeal to people on a more personal level. With that being said, does social media help you be more frugal by showing you deals or is it a catch 21 because you end up spending more money in general than you would online?

I don't use it enough to know. I go on Facebook maybe 3 or 4 times a month. I would imagine people use use it at least a few times a week would notice.

I did see some deals pop up for me that I would not have normally seen which is helpful. My ads tend to show sales and deals from stores I frequently shop at online.

The only thing I use Facebook for is keeping in touch with family so my answer is no it doesn't help me save money.

I don't think social media has had any impact on how much I spend. I don't have accounts with Insta, FB, or Twitter.

I use the internet mainly for interacting on forums, for work, and for leisure.

I don't buy anything off the internet, however. I just can't bring myself to do it.

Back