• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Do you have life insurance?

Clipper

I don't have it and I am wondering who does on here and what age do you think one should have it?
I know it seems to be the thing to do when you have a wife/husband and kids. So if something happens, they are covered for. I am just not sure at what point you are expected to get it. Is it better to get it younger?

I do not but I have considered getting it when I am 40. I think that is a good age to have it. I do have some friends who are younger and have had it for a few years now but they have big families and what not.

If you don't have someone depending on your income, like a spouse or child, then there's no need to life insurance. Simply get a funeral policy. If you do have someone depending on your income, get a policy that's large enough to replace your income.

No I don't but I will eventually. I don't think it is something I should worry about right now. Even so, a lot of people are having to save for their own retirement. A lot of places can't afford to pay for people anymore.

I actually have a funeral policy but not life insurance. I am glad to see someone else who has mentioned it. Too many people don't even consider it.

Back