• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

DIY projects

I don't have any pictures or instructions but I made bookshelves from some leftover lumber pieces. I finished them with some stain then varnish for some shiny "pop".

I've bought old worn out shelves, cabinets, dressers and a coffee table. I stripped them down, stained them to match and then put clear coat on them. They look really nice and cost a fraction of what new solid wood furniture would cost.

Not really a DIY project but I try to do all the basic maintenance on my car myself. I get satisfaction from doing it, know it's done right and I save money to boot.

I've painted rooms in my house myself, I can't see paying someone for such an easy and simple job.

I recaulked all the sinks and tubs in the house, does that count? I also built a bench and outdoor wooden table from plans I found online.

I'm constantly making craft stuff. Table place mats, cup warmers for coffee cups, a nice cover for my toaster, booties for a friend's baby girl, throw pillows for the couch. My place is filled with neat stuff like that.

Back