• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Did you travel at all for Thanksgiving?

Clever

If you did, how were the prices?

Be it gas, plane ticket costs, or hotel stays. I am just curious because a family member of ours was boasting about how much he saved this year and he was coming from quire a ways away.

No way no how! I don't deal well with traffic too much makes me anxious and puts me a in a bad mood. I've traveled before during Thanksgiving and probably will again, but sometimes it's nice to just stay home and relax. :)

NOPE! I never travel anywhere this time of year. Most of my family live within 2 hours of here so it isn't a big deal to drive but none of us have to fly.

I haven't traveled for Thanksgiving ever. I guess because my family has always lived close together, it just never was a thing. Some of my family leave the state for vacations but most stay around.

I traveled to eat with family but it was only about an hour away. Does that count? I'm glad it's not further, holidays can be stressful and a long trip increases the stress for me because there's so much traffic around Thanksgiving.

I drove out as well. Wasn't too far, about 40 minutes. Was still a pain because of the drive back. Took me over an hour to get home because the way I went had been closed off and I was forced to go out of my way.

Yes... from my bed to my kitchen and then back to my bed. LOL! I stayed home this year and cooked for a small gathering. Normally I go out of my way (6 hour drive) and spend the weekend with family but work needed me to stay put.

Back