• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Can 2 computers be plugged into 1 surge protector?

Lisa

So I am trying to set up a new office here, my husband and I will have side by side desks and I want to run only one larger size surge protector in the middle of both. There will be 2 monitors, 2 towers, 2 sets of speakers, and a printer all hooked up to it. Is this okay to do or do I actually need them to be on separate surge protectors?

This depends on your electricity. It may end up tripping the power but you will have to test it out to know. I think on average, this is fine. You won't want to add any other electronics that are demanding though. No mini-fridges or anything like that.

This depends on your electricity. It may end up tripping the power but you will have to test it out to know. I think on average, this is fine. You won't want to add any other electronics that are demanding though. No mini-fridges or anything like that.

I heard it is better to only do one per surge protector. I think this is for basic ones though. If you use a heavy duty one meant to handle a taxing load I am sure it would be fine.

Back