• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Bad Credit Cards

Dana

What are some things that give you red flags for BAD credit cards? Like the ones that will likely be working against you as you use them. I know some are good but it seems like most are not these days.

High APR and annual "hidden fees". Those are two things I always tell people to keep an eye out for when credit shopping.

Just find the fine print and read it. Sometimes there is a lot sometimes there is only a few lines. It is worth reading BEFORE you sign anything though. Most people do not read it.

Just find the fine print and read it. Sometimes there is a lot sometimes there is only a few lines. It is worth reading BEFORE you sign anything though. Most people do not read it.

This is also a good point. I mean this is the case with most things. Sometimes people get scammed when they don't read the fine print.

I hate saying this but in my experience, most of them are bad for one reason or another. If it was not for needing credit for things like buying a home, I wouldn't even have a card anymore. I got into debt in my early 20's because of 3 cards and I am still working on fixing issues from then.

Like said read the fine print. Some of the bad cards offer a fantastic interest rate, but the rate increases significantly after the introduction period. Also make sure you know how much late fees are, and whether a late payment jacks up your interest rate.

Like said read the fine print. Some of the bad cards offer a fantastic interest rate, but the rate increases significantly after the introduction period. Also make sure you know how much late fees are, and whether a late payment jacks up your interest rate.

My friend has a card that sounds great but then you see what they do on paper and they sound like criminals. I guess if she misses one payment, the interest goes up AND she has to pay a fee.

Back