• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Backyard Vacation

Clipper

I know this sounds silly but it works great for kids when you want to save money. If you have a large backyard, you camp out! You spend time by a fire, roast things over the fire, and just pretend you are in the middle of a forest. Most younger kids will love this and you don't have to spend money to go anywhere. It is a great thing to do in the summer too.

I have seen this done in TV shows. It is a good idea. For older kids it may not be as "cool" or fun but for younger children, I know it is something they would enjoy a lot.

You can make a whole event out of it too. Like an all day thing. I don't even think you need a big backyard for it. My neighbors camp out with their kids every summer. They set up an area, have a fire, go night swimming in the pool. They have a blast.

Who says you need to spend money to have fun? Heck, I would enjoy this as an adult. I think having an outdoor adult sleep over in the backyard could be fun actually. I may set that up when it cools down a bit more.

Back