• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Are there any vitamins that can be made at home?

Poet

I am looking to cut back spending on vitamins and I am not sure if this is possible. I did read someone say that they would make there own. I am not sure how one would go about this. She explained that she used those silca capsules and filled them with dried, powered egg shells for calcium. Is that even safe?

I have heard of doing this with eggshells but people would put them in smoothies and stuff. Not sure how safe it is considering most eggs are bleached. I don't think it is worth it.

I have heard of doing this with eggshells but people would put them in smoothies and stuff. Not sure how safe it is considering most eggs are bleached. I don't think it is worth it.

I heard this too and I think you are safer using natural eggshells if you are going to do it but calcium is so cheap to begin with.

I wouldn't attempt this myself. I feel like there are other ways to cut costs that don't require a gamble. I like to know what I am putting in myself and know that it has been tested.

Back