• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Anyone have pet insurance?

Poet

I am just wondering how it works. I am considering getting it because I have been in and out of the vet with my dog for the last 5 months and the bills are piling up. He had a string of issues from fleas, to rashes, to things I don't even understand at this point. Also, my older cat is having issues now too. :(

A friend of mine does. I can't remember the company it comes from. Might be Geico. Either way, I think it is $15 a month and it covers all the basic stuff like check-up fees, most medication costs, and so on but certain things it will only cover a percentage of. I guess this would be like any king of surgery. I think she said it cost her $50 to have her cat spayed instead of $120.

I had it in the past but I found it to be a waste of money for what they covered. For all major expenses, they only helped with 15%, minor things was 40%. I was paying $35 a month. This was in 2011 I think so prices may be different now.

Someone mentioned this as work. I will try to remember to ask him about he. He said he and his wife started their dogs on it since they do breeding now.

Back