• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Anyone else get a "light" return?

Tera

I feel like I should have gotten more than I did, by at least $200. I am not sure if I missed something or what but my tax return just doesn't add up. I compared the last 3 years and this is by far the lowest. Anyone else notice any changes??

If you used TurboTax update the software and go back and review the return. They found a calculation bug and recently pushed out an update. If not, maybe try inputing your data in more than one free online tax program to see if any of them give you a better return. You can always refile it as an amended return.

If you used TurboTax update the software and go back and review the return. They found a calculation bug and recently pushed out an update. If not, maybe try inputing your data in more than one free online tax program to see if any of them give you a better return. You can always refile it as an amended return.

I had this issue myself with TurboTax. I don't think many people were aware of it. I didn't know you could refile though. I am going to read up more on that!

Mine goes up and down every year because of my job so I really can't say for certain if mine was lighter or not. I would have to look through the last 3 or 4 years to see if there is any difference.

It changes a little bit for me every year but not by much. Depending on how often you get paid it could mean more or fewer paychecks in a year.

Back