• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

Amazon raises the price of Prime membership again!

Flint

Going from $79 to $99 was a bit of a stretch, how much they raised the price. Yesterday they announced that starting in June the new rate will be $119/year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202213110

I almost never use Prime Video, and never use their streaming music. $119 is simply not worth it to me, I will not renew my Prime membership, and will deal with a day or so extra for delivery time.

What about you, how do you feel about it?

Not again! I wish they would come up with features you could opt out of to keep prices lower for those who want to stay a member but can't afford paying more. Streaming music and video I don't use and other stuff too but those are the big ones.

Wow this is insane. I think I am going to have to cancel as well. You can't increase these prices without giving us something in return for it. Maybe if they legitimately made items in the prime pantry more affordable, it would be worth it. 90% of that is overpriced as it is and now they want to charge more monthly? No thanks!

You would think they would give discounts since more and more people are prime members now. I guess this is what happens though. They decide they want even more money and they make loyal customers fork it over.

They've raised the Prime price by roughly 50% since 2014. I understand the need to raise prices with inflation, but inflation has been low. Amazon used to be a bargain, but I might have to think about it next renewal time. I don't use enough of Primes other services to justify membership for anything more than shipping, and I need to sit down and determine if I come out better or worse with Prime at $119.

Not again! I wish they would come up with features you could opt out of to keep prices lower for those who want to stay a member but can't afford paying more. Streaming music and video I don't use and other stuff too but those are the big ones.

I like this idea! I would pay for Prime shipping only.

I don't know what it is about these places but you know they are making a killing and yet they want to continue to charge people more for stuff.

Back