• Welcome to the Crispy Money forums, a community of people who share their experience with investing, saving money, earning tips, avoiding scams and living life to it's fullest.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please register free by clicking here.

$0 Start Up?

Clever

Have you ever heard of using eBay as a $0 start up business? You find items on Amazon and then list them on eBay. You charge more so you make a profit. Then when you get the money from the buyer, you purchase the item on Amazon and ship it to them as a gift. I am tempted to try it.

They call this type of business arbitrage. You can make money but I'd be worried about getting bad feedback from someone getting upset because the package says Amazon.

Its legal but not something I would feel comfortable doing. If I bought something from a company and it arrived in another company's package, then found out I could have bought it from the other company cheaper, I'd feel like I was conned. It seems to be too much of an ethical grey area for me.

Its legal but not something I would feel comfortable doing. If I bought something from a company and it arrived in another company's package, then found out I could have bought it from the other company cheaper, I'd feel like I was conned. It seems to be too much of an ethical grey area for me.

100% agreement from me. Its pretty common on Ebay and one of the reasons I never buy there without first checking Amazon.

Back